Saturday, September 14, 2013

Fabric Envelope

Good Evening Bloggers,

Well, I made a fabric envelope as I said I would.

I took a pretty piece of fabric and ironed on a fusible interfacing (Pellon 808 Craft Fuse) which is also machine washable.

The fabric was too thick and would not work in the cutter. But I did use the scoring tool to make the lines to fold the envelope. The notches used in this design were cut with scissors instead.

The double sided tape did not work well to seal the envelope, also the Permanent Carfter's Tape did not hold up well either. There is a fabric tape I am going to buy to try, it fuses by ironing.

I would not try to mail this envelope using fabric but just think what a personal touch it would be to give a gift card using an envelope made by you.

Back of envelope.
Back of envelope closed.


Front of envelope.

If you look close you can see the double sided tap I used to hold the flap down.

Holding the envelope secure with a ribbon adds a nice touch.

A view of the back

I hope you enjoyed the ideas given. Most family and friends love homemade gifts.

Have a good night Bloggers.

Peace Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In advance I would like to thank you for your comments.

Peace and Love to ALL!