Friday, August 10, 2012

Place Mat

Here is a little project I worked on last night after work. A place mat that measures 12x15". I used the GoBaby hand crank cutter with the half square-3" finished triangle die. My goodness...does this make a cutting job go faster.

I know there are quilters out there who can do these cuts without a second thought, but this way is easier for me. I am experimenting a lot with these dies so I can join them to make a bigger project.


Another helpful technique I learn from a Missouri quilt you-tube video was machine sewing on the boarder. I have always sewn my boarder to the front of a project and turn to the back and hand tack it down. With the video I watched it teaches you to sew from the back of the quilt and zig zag on the front. So this project has many mistakes in it. You learn by your mistakes is a very true statement. Go to you-tube and type in How To Bind a Quilt With a Sewing Machine and you can learn this technique also.






Until next time have a Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In advance I would like to thank you for your comments.

Peace and Love to ALL!