Tuesday, January 8, 2013

American Girl

I have an American Girl doll.

One...because my sisters and I use to make Barbie doll cloths growing up and two...I still like to make doll cloths. I have so much unused fabric I thought 18" doll cloths would be the answer in using it up.

I do use patterns somewhat but I really hate cutting them out. So I take a pattern and Judify it to my specifications. Fewer pieces and more continuous sewing for me. Not stop and go...stop and go...attach here...attach there.

I picked this specific doll because it reminded me of myself growing up. I loved swimming and going to Edgewater Park on the outskirts of Downtown Cleveland. I would also go the W. 85th Street and swim at Lake Pool.

I would tan very easily. My hair was long with short bangs. And yes...the big brown eyes.

"AHH the good old days"


This is a pillowcase dress with a matching pull through cloth tie. I love the pink w/brown paisley design.
A closer look with coordinating colors of  brown w/pink dots.

Here are a pair of jeans I made along with a pull over apron.

Same pair of jeans but the back of the apron showing.

This apron originally had 3 pieces. You would have to sew up the sides then either attach a trim or turn under and sew a 1/4" seam all around.

First I would Judify the pattern. Now I cut two pieces on the fold (the outside and a lining). All that is left is to select a starting place, sew completely around, leave an opening to turn the fabric right side out, give it a nice crisp ironing then attach together in the front with buttons. A simple slip over the head and it is on.

I have a few of these pattern cut out. I will be finishing them so I can check them off my list as done.

Have a good night Bloggers.
Until tomorrow...Peace Out!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In advance I would like to thank you for your comments.

Peace and Love to ALL!